Monday, March 16, 2009

Chick-pea curry with spring-onions

Hi folks!

I hate to post too many times in one day, but this one is worth it.

Unsolicited, Baji brought me a huge plate of chick-peas in curry sauce, a piece of somun (local type of bread, like a pita), and a big pile of beautiful, crunchy spring onions.

Those of you who have known me for a while know that I like to have a beer with heavy food. But, you can't drink at work, so I have tea.

The spring onions are good...unfortunately for my housemates they may be smelling them for a couple of days.

They say they are also full of good nutrients, so never-mind the farts.

In other news:

I was reminded that this is the anniversary of the death of my sister-in-law's brother. These kinds of anniversaries are always hard. Pray for my dear sister-in-law and her family.

I also learned that one of my old drinking-buddies from College Park is now dead. He was a good friend, and a great opponent in Scrabble, but he was addicted to booze and Percoset.

I have forgotten the exact dates of the deaths of my Uncle Peter and Uncle Danny, and don't have their funeral cards with me....maybe somewhere in my room, but not on my person. Anyway, I remember they were both great guys in their own way, and I pray for their souls.

The Clock ticks on all of us. I wish everyone could have a graceful death. I have seen lots of people die in ways that you would never imagine. Thanks to God, I never had that fate. Close, but no cigar, as they say. Too close for comfort. Luckily Erbil is safe.

When I get to heaven (that's a 'when', not an 'if'), I will greet you all and share more stories.

Love and Peace to all!

No comments: