Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

Hi Folks!

Today is Father's Day in the US. Not sure how it is celebrated here. I don't think there is Hallmark.

I thank God for my Dad, and for the opportunity to be a father to two wonderful kiddos. I wish I didn't have to be away from them for so many months of the year, but at least we'll be together for almost a month this summer. We will run and play and be happy together, unless it gets too hot at Grandma and Grandpa's house, in which case we'll go out to the movies, or to the pool....anything to have fun with my kiddos.

This may not be the last post from Erbil, but it's certainly getting near to the last post.

In other news:

Freaky thing happened yesterday. I went to soccer practice with the Blue Angels, and after that I had a songwriting session with my friend Deon, who has been helping me put some melodies to the words I write.

Anyhoo, as we were inside playing, it began to rain hard, and hail....never seen it here before. Well, I had just ditched my backpack in the courtyard of the house, thinking I'd grab it on the way down to dinner, but oops....my i-pod was in the outside pocket.

So my i-pod got soaked....I understand that it can be restored once it dries out. We shall see--Rozhek debini in Kurdish.

Only a few more days to go until I leave Erbil (AKA Evil). I have really enjoyed writing in this space. Gave me something to do when I was lonely, bored, or underutilized at work. LOL

Anyone who reads this knows that it's probably a good idea to get out of here. I am just not built for this kind of isolation. It was good while it lasted, but I'll be glad to be home.

With my Dad (not on Father's Day, but soon after) and with my Mom (not on Mother's Day, not even close), and my wonderful kiddos.

And with my brothers, who are all geniuses in their respective fields. I like to live among geniuses.

May all the Fathers, the Dads, the Peperes, the Grandpaps, and all of the folks that coach and minister in other ways to kids, be blessed today!

Love and Peace to all!

No comments: