Monday, September 29, 2008

New Costume


Tonight begins the Eid ul Fitr, the celebration at the end of Ramadan. It lasts three days or so.

So most of the staff will take Thursday off, then Friday is our normal day off, so it works out to a five-day weekend for them. Nice break from the routine, time with family, perhaps travel to some other place to be closer to loved-ones. I will be working Thursday.

I staged a coup today, just for fun, because my boss has gone on leave.

This is me in Pesh-Merga costume, with my staff. I think I am only missing the dagger they normally carry. Headgear and prayer-beads are there.

I had an important meeting--last minute notice--so I had to go to see the President of the University in this costume.

The folks in the President's office, and he, himself, were very amused.

I have a wedding invitation for October 18. I think I will wear a western suit and tie. LOL

My office baji made me stuffed-peppers; they were so good. She often makes me food. Usually, it is too much to consume for one person, so I put what I will eat into a tupperware container, and give the rest to the guards, for their dinner.

I wish I could share all this great Kurdish food with all of you.

Love and Peace to all!

No comments: