Friday, October 31, 2008

One-eyed Jacks and Suicide Kings

Hi folks,

What a day....the left side of my face is hurting from a ball that caught me in the eye. Feels like there is something in the eye, but I actually think it is just a scratch on my eyeball. I have washed it with water, used eye-drops, etc...but still it hurts.

If you play poker, you will understand the reference to One-Eyed Jacks....that's what I feel like right now.

In other news:

Baghdad management has been giving me the yo-yo treatment lately, reversing their decisions on just about everything, from how to procure a photocopier and outfit the computer lab, to which hand I should use when I.....wipe my bum. I guess it is probably like the way the Army was during WWII...which is what I am reading about right now in Dick Winters' book, "Beyond Band of Brothers".

The weather has really changed and it's cold here at night. I am afraid that when winter comes it will be hard to get out of bed in the mornings.

The Blue Angels are on an indefinite suspension of play. If it rains today, we won't play....if it doesn't rain, we will juice up and play.

That's all folks.

No comments: