As most of you know, I love to cook. Yesterday I got access to a real kitchen and made a meal for some colleagues and associates. I originally invited 6 people (including myself), but the party mushroomed to 12 (two of whom were tiny little girls--about 4 or 5 years old). Loaves and fishes. No one starved and we all had a great time.
- Chicken thighs baked over lemon and mushrooms, with a vegetable cream sauce (added in the very end of the cooking time)
- Rotini pasta
- Steamed broccoli and green beans with cumin and butter
- Romaine lettuce salad with tomatoes and cucumbers and a garlic-onion dressing with olive oil
- Pickled cucumbers and hot peppers
- Melon pudding and strawberry jello
- Chocolate chip cookies
I will try to get some pictures from my friends' cameras and put them up when I have time.
Tonight is the wedding for the security guy (I don't use names on here for obvious reasons), so I will go to Mass at 6 and follow the crowd thereafter. I have tomorrow off to rest and take care of some personal administrative stuff. Should be a nice break from an otherwise hectic two weeks.
Love and peace to all!