Saturday, October 18, 2008

A Time to Cook

Hi folks,

As most of you know, I love to cook. Yesterday I got access to a real kitchen and made a meal for some colleagues and associates. I originally invited 6 people (including myself), but the party mushroomed to 12 (two of whom were tiny little girls--about 4 or 5 years old). Loaves and fishes. No one starved and we all had a great time.

The menu:

  • Chicken thighs baked over lemon and mushrooms, with a vegetable cream sauce (added in the very end of the cooking time)
  • Rotini pasta
  • Steamed broccoli and green beans with cumin and butter
  • Romaine lettuce salad with tomatoes and cucumbers and a garlic-onion dressing with olive oil
  • Pickled cucumbers and hot peppers
  • Melon pudding and strawberry jello
  • Chocolate chip cookies
Played football afterwards with a few of the guys I hadn't met before, and the oldies from the guard-shacks.

I will try to get some pictures from my friends' cameras and put them up when I have time.

Tonight is the wedding for the security guy (I don't use names on here for obvious reasons), so I will go to Mass at 6 and follow the crowd thereafter. I have tomorrow off to rest and take care of some personal administrative stuff. Should be a nice break from an otherwise hectic two weeks.

Love and peace to all!

No comments: