Saturday, October 11, 2008

Wow--a week has passed!!

Folks,

Sorry for not putting much up here recently (as if anyone really cares). I have been suffering from flu-like symptoms and have been trying to get to bed early to conserve energy for the workday and soccer. My best time to post here is later in the evening--say between 9 and 11. And I have been somnolent during those hours for the past week or so.

Some major frustrations at work, thanks to another government contractor's failure to manage their lease-holds correctly, have caused me a lot of headache.

At the same time, the boys still come every day at 5, and we have a good time. We've established groups A and B, and allow them in via roll-call on alternate days. Today, while both groups showed up claiming it was their day to play, neither was fully in attendance, so we took them both. Or, I should say, I took them both, 14 in all. My assistants are students at the University, and they never seem to get back here on time to actually help me run a practice start to finish.

I managed to get a reservation for the big boys (myself and several other 19-25 year-olds) to play on the real grass, lighted field in the neighborhood, for Tuesday, only to be told that our security company cannot accommodate my movement there on that evening. Dang.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well.

Love and Peace!

No comments: