Thursday, October 16, 2008

Rock You Like a Hurricane

Well, today was an interesting day.

The Scorpions came to play at our office. The Flies as well.

Now that the weather is getting cooler all of the crawly critters are moving indoors wherever they can find a warmer place.

Here is a photo of a mama and baby scorpion that we caught at the office this morning. We got them into a water bottle and drowned them. All hail Baji, the scorpion slayer! I am keeping these guys as a souvenir. Luckily, I live on the upper floor of the house, so it's not likely that critters like these will get into my room. If they do, I am toast.




In the late-morning, storm clouds rolled in and there was a lot of thunder and lightning from about 10:30 until 1:30, but very little rain. Wind was blowing hard and it seemed like we were going to get a good drenching. I was looking forward to it, actually. No dice--just a tiny sprinkle.

Then, just as I was about to leave the office, there were gunshots at the police kiosk about 500 meters from our building, so the security guys put us on lockdown for about 1/2 hour. They didn't have binoculars, so couldn't tell exactly what was going on, but they wanted me to stay inside. When we finally did leave, they made me wear the flak jacket, just in case. Hadn't worn one since Baghdad in May. It sucks.

In other news, DC United plays their final home game tonight at 1930 (local time) at RFK. I know a lot of my friends will be there. I am going to try to watch live online, if I can get up in time.

And tomorrow is my day off!!! I am going to a wedding on Saturday. Need a haircut.

Love and peace to all!

No comments: