Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A goose, a chicken and a ham

Hi folks,

So anyway, a goose, a chicken and a ham walked into a fancy French place on Christmas eve.

When the waitress came to take their orders, they all agreed a glass of red wine would be a nice start to the holiday.

After she had brought their wine, she asked for their dinner orders.

The goose ordered apples and cinnamon and stuffed herself to the point of bursting.

The chicken ordered a loaf of white bread and some oregano, sage, thyme and onions, and stuffed himself as well.

The ham asked for a dish of cloves with brown sugar and some honey.

The waitress slapped the ham across his face, and shouted: "Just because it's Christmas, it doesn't mean you can call me 'Honey'"

If you couldn't tell, I made that one up.

But seriously, I am cooking a goose, a chicken and a ham for Christmas. Wish I could share with all of you, but alas... The cavemen will consume it all, I am sure.

We will celebrate on the 26th, as a few folks have already accepted invitations for the 25th. Since the 26th is a Friday, our office is closed, so I will be able to spend most of the day preparing the dinner.

Wish I could cook with Mom this year, like always, because she always helps me when I make mistakes, or simply don't know how to do something. I will have to revert to instinct this time!

Love and Peace to all!

No comments: