Thursday, January 1, 2009

All is Quiet

Hi folks,

Happy New Year to everyone....I wish.

So the countdown begins.....20 days till 'Bye-bye Bush'....somehow reminds me of an Everly Brothers song.

To the tune of the Everly Brothers’ ‘Bye bye Love’


CHORUS1:
Bye bye Bush
Bye bye haplessness, hello intelligence
I think I'm-a gonna fly
Bye bye Bush, bye bye Wall Street mess, hello helpfulness
I feel like I could fly
Bye bye Mr Bush goodby-eye

There go the Bushies, they’re feeling blue
They screwed us over, both me and you.
We sure were happy, till he stepped in
Goodbye to the pension that might have been

CHORUS1

I'm-a through with Cheney, I'm a-through with Rove
And Donny Rumsfeld, just give him a shove
And here's the reason that I'm so free
Those goddamn Bushies made a job for me

CHORUS2:
Bye bye Bush
Bye bye arrogance, hello humbleness
I think I'm-a gonna fly
Bye bye Bush, bye bye duplicity, hello integrity
I feel like I could fly
Bye bye Mr Bush goodby-eye
To the tune of the Everly Brothers’ ‘Bye bye Love’


CHORUS1:
Bye bye Bush
Bye bye haplesness, hello intelligence
I think I'm-a gonna fly
Bye bye Bush, bye bye Wall Street mess, hello helpfulness
I feel like I could fly
Bye bye Mr Bush goodby-eye

There go the Bushies, they’re feeling blue
They screwed us over, both me and you.
We sure were happy, till he stepped in
Goodbye to the pension that might have been

CHORUS1

I'm-a through with Cheney, I'm a-through with Rove
And Donny Rumsfeld, just give him a shove
And here's the reason that I'm so free
Those damn Bushies made a job for me

CHORUS2:
Bye bye Bush
Bye bye arrogance, hello humbleness
I think I'm-a gonna fly
Bye bye Bush, bye bye duplicity, hello integrity
I feel like I could fly
Bye bye Mr Bush goodby-eye

Iraq’s a headache, but we ain’t won
There’ll be more bloodshed a-fore we are done
There goes my pension, it’s sink or swim
Think I’ll start robbin’ a-those banks agin.

CHORUS2


Fade to:
Bye bye Mr Bush goodby-eye
Bye bye Mr Bush goodby-eye


This parody is copyright of Rick Nidel, so if you are going to take a band out and play on Inauguration Day, you must give full credit to the bored dude who wrote it.

I wracked my brain over that parody and don't have much else to say.

In other news:

We had a rip-roaring New-Year's-Eve party over at the security house. We made salad, lasagna with tuna, and a ground beef dish we're calling Caveman's Quiche (something traditional South African, whose real name escapes me).

We blew off a crap-load of pyrotechnics (dang, I still need to go and pay for some of them...). Anyone who knows me well, knows that that is one of my favorite hobbies. We got commercial Chinese fireworks and had a little dance with those....and then the big boys came with their military flares. I wanted to flare off the little plastic Santa that came in the dumb sno-globe thingy that I had bought, which never
worked the way it was supposed to, but a friend's girlfriend objected. So we just made fire in the sky and Santa never made it home to the North Pole.

At the suggestion that we get out the AKs and load with tracers, we realized that that had been enough of the fireworks! There were plenty of funshots (sic) around town, with tracers. And at least one flare from another part of the compound landed, still lit, landed right beside us. All in fun.

There was a 'Gangster' theme party at one of the restaurant on the compound. I went as a 'Gangsta'....couldn't find a fedora or a trench coat. Anyhoo, I was taking pictures, and my friend Joe ended up in a sweet holiday hug from a woman in a shoulder-less dress. Her boyfriend didn't like the fact that I was taking pictures of her, and accosted me rather roughly.....so I left.



Despite all of my martial arts prowess, I did not want to hurt this guy and then get into a full-out Caveman brawl. Actually, I cried when I got home, either because I should have done something back to the butt-head, and didn't, or because I was just hurt that he doubted my intentions.

Anyway I am in one piece, and happily going about my regular weekend chores...after a long sleep-in. Missing all the football and everything else associate with the end of the year/beginning of the new year. I never get to watch football anymore, and I hardly get to watch soccer, since I cannot figure out the schedule, and I don't get all the right channels.

Last year, I subscribed to the MLS Live (or whatever it's called) channel for internet viewing, but all the games were at times when I should be asleep. Live and learn, as my Mom always said.

OK, that's enough for now. What was the old nursery rhyme, or kiddies' game? 'If you want more.....????' I have forgotten it.

Love and Peace to all!

No comments: