Friday, January 2, 2009

Maybe I Write too Much?

Hi folks,

I just realized that my last post was rather long. Mostly because I included the Bye bye Bush song. Sorry for that. And if you are one of the 1% of people who really like Bash (sic) then I am really sorry.

My Uncle Danny, (may his soul rest in peace) used to tell me about this amazing guy who played guitar and sang...and inspired the songs that Danny wrote (some were good).

Turns out it was Bob Dylan, who still remains the greatest songwriter of all time, with John Lennon running a close second, but since he's gone to his Maker, Cash may have to take the spot.

Danny was the greatest guy in the world, besides my dad and my brothers, but he died from bad habits....obesity, alcohol, tobacco. And loneliness. Since he was rather fat--even as a kid--he always felt left out. By his brothers, schoolmates, etc. That led, in my humble opinion, to a vicious cycle of depression and loneliness, that eventually ended in his early death. He found some solace in music, and actually wrote some good songs (never heard most of the melodies or arrangements he had in mind, just read some of the lyrics). I think I will ask my grandparents to give me access to his journals, so that I can be the archivist of that material. He was a very deep person, which I recognized when I was 14 or 15, but most others thought of him as just a joker and a good cook.

I know I will never become obese...got my dad's genes on that front. But I have had my fights with the other two....still can't give up the smokes. Just hope that my kiddos haven't inherited those genes. I'd rather they were fat than addicted.

In other news:

Hmmmm. Nothing to report.

Love and Peace to all!

No comments: