Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Drones!

Hi folks,

The drones have been flying over us for the last couple of days.

Iraq's elections are today.

Our region doesn't get to vote, but the drones have been busy looking at us. You can hear them, but you can't see them. They just buzz over, sounding somewhat like a chopper.

It's weird to know that they can look at you from up there. When I go out to play soccer, they can tell what size shoes I wear--up to a 9 now, from too much running and kicking.

They come across us at high altitude, and even on a clear day, you can't see them up there.

Pretty amazing technology, but pretty strange to be on the ground when those things are flying over.

In other news:

I am getting some weird skin problems.

I have really dry patches on my shoulders, that itch and somehow scab up.

I had a big purple rash on my right hand and arm last week. It cleared up with a few applications of lotion, but it was strange.

My dentist says that the water here is just really not good. She has been here longer than I. But I figure it can't be worse than Ghana or Bhuj. Still, whatever it is is drying up my skin and giving me these itchy bumps all over my body. I keep putting lotion on, but I guess the water is getting the better of me.

Perhaps when I go on leave to Holland and Turkey, it will clear up.

There is rain this morning, so our soccer game may be scrubbed. The rain is good for the field, but not good for actually playing. I don't want to tear it up just in time for Spring, when the grass is supposed to rejuvenate.

More news later!

Love and Peace to all!

No comments: