Monday, February 2, 2009

We are the champions!

Hi Folks!

The Black and Gold has done it again! A record six Superbowl wins. I couldn't watch the game per-se, but woke up just in time to track the last three minutes or so on ESPN.com.

What an amazing finish.

I don't think there has been a Superbowl this close in 15 years. Though, I don't follow the game that closely unless the Steelers are playing, and I am not a statistician.

I am jealous of those that got to watch. I think that last Pittsburgh touchdown may have earned the honors of 'Immaculate Reception II'.

For the first time since I can remember, they actually put the game on at a reasonable hour. I recall it used to start at, like, 9 PM and go all through the early hours. That schedule would have meant taking the day off to follow the game.

Actually, I probably could have done a better job channel surfing to find the game. Our satellite receivers here track 4 different satellites and there are thousands of channels.....one of them must have carried the game. Alas, it was time to get ready for work by the time the clock started winding down. I was just happy to see the play by play in text on the computer.

One thing's for sure: With the economic mess, the Steel City could certainly use a bit of happiness. Youns get out there and enjoy the moment! Have an Iron City or a Genny on me! And a Primanti's sandwich. And some Mike & Ikes or Necco wafers for dessert.

I just hope Big Ben doesn't get burned like Michael Phelps did.

Love and Peace to all!

No comments: