Friday, March 13, 2009

Help save DC United!


Hi folks,

Those of you who know me and/or follow this blog know that I am a big fan of DC United of the Major League Soccer league. My team win or lose!!!

They are trying to get a new stadium built in Prince George's County, Maryland, just outside the actual District of Columbia (DC). There are obviously financial issues in a big project like this, but they have a good plan, and should be able to generate the revenue to pay the bond as proposed.

The legislators are debating the proposal now. If you love soccer, and would like to see a team in our Nation's Capital, please use the following link and express your support.

https://secure.dcunited.com/node/104/done?sid=1927



In other news:

Just in time for the start of the soccer season here in Iraq, I had my first MRI. My right knee was reconstructed in 1988, and it has been relatively OK since then. Lots of therapy and many years of staying away from contact sports.....so much for that. Just walking up the street a few days ago, I wrenched it pretty badly. It finally got to the point where it was difficult to walk.

So, anyways, I have some great pictures of the inside of my knee...complete with a huge sac of fluid around my patella. The radiologist said I should basically forget about soccer for this season.

He also told me that the original surgery had involved a platinum strip replacing one of my ligaments. I never knew I had titanium in my leg. The surgeon who did the original operation told me he was taking a part of my patellar tendon to repair my medial cruciate ligament, and then simply stitching my posterior and anterior cruciate ligaments, and using an arthroscope to clean up the cartilage. No one ever mentioned platinum, but they put it in there anyway!

Got some anti-inflammatory medicine so that the pain will be less intense.

In the meantime, I am just amazed at how incompetent some doctors can be.

Love and Peace to all!

No comments: