Sunday, April 19, 2009

The week from heck

Hi folks,

Sorry for not posting anything since Easter. It's been a rough week.

When we switched accounting systems, I was given the impression that the data we upload to the home office twice per month would be sufficient for their review purposes. This was not the case, however, when the auditors came to visit. So, I have spent most of the last week and all of yesterday photocopying, hole-punching, stapling, and filing original vouchers into binders to ship off to Washington, DC.

My hands are raw from handling all the dry paper, and my back aches from leaning over the copier, stapler, hole puncher, and stacks of vouchers.

It's funny in a way, because I requested, and had support for an accounting assistant, back in October of last year. And now, the very people who did not move on the recruitment of the Accounting Assistant are the ones threatening my job if we don't get this done today!

Well, we got it done yesterday and all of the paperwork is on its way by DHL to Washington.

Insh'allah it will get there in time to quell the angry mobs.

Would love to post a bunch of jokes, but that will have to wait until next time, as I am bushed, need a shower, and I can't find my joke book!

Love and Peace to all!

No comments: