Friday, February 13, 2009

Old Guard Fife and Drum Corps

Hi folks!

In my dorky days before rock & roll took over my sensibilities, I used to play in a drum and bugle outfit called The Patriots of Northern Virginia. Maybe I have already written about this, but I don't have the time to search all 130 messages on here. I fly to Istanbul pretty soon.

The guys that used to train us in marching and instrument technique were members of the Old Guard--Pershing's Own Fife and Drum Corps, US Army, 3d ID. Or something like that.

Anyways, just wanted to tell my peeps that the commander of the Old Guard mailed me a calendar/poster that is now on my wall. I wrote him a while back to request it, and sure enough it showed up today with a colleague from Baghdad.

Man we had some good times in the Patriots. My good friend, Jared, didn't stick it out for too long, but there was my brother Chris and our friend Theo, and we had rocking good times.

Theo wanted to zook the Holland Tunnel. We told him that was a bad idea.

Instead, what we did, just for s&g, was to take revenge on the other members of the Fife and Drum Corps, who used to always steal the Pringles mom would pack us for long bus trips.

We removed a handful of the chips from the Pringles can and my brother shat into the tube...then we replaced the top stack of chips. So anyone being greedy, digging out too many chups would get a handful--not of chips, but of something that kinda sounds like chips.

There are too many other stories to tell here. Ask Chris!

Oh, what we did for fun and entertainment back in the day.


Love and Peace to all.

No comments: